Date: July 21, 2018 (11:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
Chinese Canadian history
Museum visitors can learn more about Burnaby’s early Chinese Canadian residents this summer, thanks to an innovative partnership with UBC.
See what’s growing in the new demonstration garden, and learn more about the long history of Chinese Canadian market gardens in Burnaby.
Young visitors can play in the sandbox play garden, and help out at the farmer’s market cart.
Hear about the healing traditions Chinese medical practitioners brought to BC in the early 1900s at the Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee herbalist shop.
UBC students and Museum staff will be sharing research findings throughout the summer.
Every Day Activities*
- Visit the Stride Studios gallery to see Burnaby Then and Now, a display showing historical changes in our community
- Passports to Exploring: Made to Measure, Adventure Guide and Village Adventure Pack
- Climb on board the electric tram: Interurban Tram Barn
- Enjoy a whirl on the 1912 Carousel (last ride at 4:15pm)
- Hear the platen press in action: The Burnaby Post
- Chat with the teacher in the school house: Seaforth School
- Wander the new Market Garden
- Learn about traditional healing practices in the early 1900s: Chinese Herbalist
- 1920s medicine: Drug Store
|11am-4:30pm||Steam Demos||Steam Shed|
Display & Research
Way Sang Yuen
|12noon||School Days||Seaforth School|
|3pm||Schools Days||Seaforth School|
|4:15pm||Last Carousel Ride|
Carousel Rides: $2.65 each
*Subject to change without notice.