Date: July 24, 2018 (11:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
Chinese Canadian History
Museum visitors can learn more about Burnaby's early Chinese Canadian residents this summer, thanks to an innovative partnership with UBC.
See what’s growing in the new demonstration garden, and learn more about the long history of Chinese Canadian market gardens in Burnaby.
Young visitors can play in the sandbox play garden, and help out at the farmer’s market cart.
Hear about the healing traditions Chinese medical practitioners brought to BC in the early 1900s at the Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee herbalist shop.
UBC students and Museum staff will be sharing research findings throughout the summer.
Red Serge Day
Create the best souvenir ever! Put yourself in a picture with members of Burnaby's Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in their splendid red serge. Tuesdays in July and August, 12noon-2pm.
Every Day Activities*
- Visit the Stride Studios gallery to see Burnaby Then and Now
- Passports to Exploring: Made to Measure, Adventure Guide and Village Adventure Pack
- Climb on board the electric tram: Interurban Tram Barn
- Enjoy a whirl on the 1912 Carousel (last ride at 4:15pm)
- Hear the platen press in action: The Burnaby Post
- Chat with the teacher in the school house: Seaforth School
- Wander the new Market Garden
- Learn about traditional healing practices in the early 1900s: Chinese Herbalist
- 1920s medicine: Drug Store
|All Day||Tinsmith Demos||Sheet Metal Works|
|Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee|
|11am-3pm||Laundry Day||Log Cabin|
|12noon-2pm||RCMP Photo Ops||Roving|
|2pm||Village Tour, free||Sign up at
|2-3:30pm||Model T Rides||Tram Plaza|
|4:15pm||Last Carousel Ride|
Carousel Rides: $2.65 each
*Subject to change without notice.