Become A Volunteer
New Volunteer Orientation
The best way to find out more about the Burnaby Village Museum Volunteer Program is to attend a New Volunteer Orientation. Find out more by following the steps below.
Costumed Interpretation, School Programs, and Special Events:
- February for Summer intake
- September for Fall intake
Collections, Conservation & Sewing:
- February for spring camps
- April for summer camps
Find Out More
Interested in getting more information? Please complete an application form online.
If your interest is a Camp Volunteer, please complete the on-line Camps and Playground application
Qualified applicants will be invited to a New Volunteer Orientation.
For Costumed Interpretation, School Programs, and Special Events:
1. Applicants who pass the interview and reference check process will be invited to attend a Costumed Interpretation Core Training session that is required of all new volunteers.
2. After completing Costumed Interpretation Core Training, volunteers will receive further training with staff and senior volunteers depending on the specific program area.
3. After gaining some experience as a Costumed Interpretation Volunteer, those who are qualified may be invited to apply to become School Program Volunteers trainees.Go to Top