Date: July 1, 2013 (11:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
It's a Party!
Burnaby Village Museum hosts Burnaby's Official Canada Day celebrations offering visitors the backdrop of its 1920s village streets, multi-cultural family entertainment including a musicians, displays & demonstrations. Admission is free. (Carousel rides are $2.21)
There will be something for everyone to enjoy:
- children can join in the heritage games
- laugh with children's entertainers
- an official parade
- the delicious birthday cakes will be served at 2:30pm
Be sure to bring your cameras and pose for a picture at one of our many photo stops or with members of the Burnaby RCMP detachment, in their splendid red serge uniforms.
The 2013 entertainment will include:
- a magician The Great Marrdini,
- musicians: the Maple Leaf Singers, Ron McMillan Jeff Neufeld, the Rene Hugo Sanchez Trio, and the Metro Vancouver Firefighters' Band
- sword demonstrations by Academie Duello
- Burnaby International Folk Dancers
- photo stops
Check out this year's entertainment schedule: Canada Day Activities.pdf [PDF - 601 KB]
Enjoy these pictures of "Canadian Gothic" [PDF - 2.4 MB] from 2007 Canada Day.