Date: November 22, 2014 - December 12, 2014 (1:00 PM - 5:30 PM)
2014 Hours - note new 1:00pm opening time
November 22 - December 12*
*December 2, early site closure, 4:30pm
December 13 - January 2, 2015,
(closed December 24 & 25)
Free gate admission,
Carousel rides $2.50 each.
The 2014 Experience
- the multi-coloured lights on the huge sequoia tree by the carousel,
- the tree-wraps in the Farmhouse orchard,
- the lacy white lights on the maple tree near Hill Street,
- warm-white lights across the bridge
- light that twinkle and change colours to sound at the Bandstand
- enchanted lit path between Elworth and the Bandstand
There are more shimmering lights to enjoy this year. New lighting around the parking lot welcome visitors and sets the mood for what's to come inside the gates
The new menagerie of transformed Eco-sculptures is creative and fun: our Eagle musicians are dressed in a 1920s jazz-style, parked on Elworth lawn is a unique team ready to pull a sleigh, look for a partridge hiding in a tree,
Special entertainment is scheduled throughout the season including theatre and marionette performances, choirs, and musicians. Several family favourites are back including a craft for children, storytelling sessions, baking in the Farmhouse and, of course, visits with Father Christmas. The entertainment schedule will be posted online.
A stroll through the streets of the Village uncovers wreaths, cedar swags and vintage-themed displays. At the bandstand, visitors can create their own magical holiday show with lights that twinkle and change colours to sound.
A great way to see the entire site is to take on the challenge of our Twelve Days of Christmas scavenger hunt - clues are sure to surprise and delight.
Bring your cameras!
There are several photo-stop opportunities:
- with Father Christmas
- in the old-fashioned sleigh on the Elworth lawn
- at the Royal Oak Garage, as part of the Explore 150 fun
To view some of last 2012 highlights, head to our Photo Gallery.
Thanks to our partners: