Labour Day Fair
Date: September 3, 2018 (11:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
Fun for the Whole Family
Plus FREE carousel rides (compliments of Burnaby Parks, Recreation & Culture Commission and CUPE Local 23).
Spend the day with us; the last hurrah of our Summer Season!
|11-4pm||Fall Photo Stop||
|Midway Carnival Games||Behind School|
|11:15-11:45am||Matt Henry's Bubble Show||Meadow|
|12noon-12:40pm||The Magic of Ray Wong||Elworth Lawn|
|12:30-1pm||Matt Henry's Bubble Show||Meadow|
|1:15-2pm||Music by Celtic Lasses||Bandstand|
|1:30-2pm||Matt Henry's Bubble Show||Meadow|
|2-2:40pm||The Magic of Ray Wong||Elworth Lawn|
|2:30-3pm||Matt Henry Bubble Show||
|3-3:45pm||Music by Celtic Lasses||Bandstand|
|4:15pm||Last Carousel Ride|
All Day Activities
- Display - The TraiNgang sets up in the Carousel Activity Room
- Display - Pacific Spirit Quilters: Real Estate Office
- Chat with the Herbalist: Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee
- Climb on board the electric tram: Interurban Tram Barn
- Enjoy a ride on the Carousel (last ride at 4:15pm)
- Scavenger hunt activity: Pick up a clue sheet at the entrances
- Hear the platen press in action: The Burnaby Post
- Visit the teacher in the school house: Seaforth School
- Watch the Working People documentary at the Central Park Theatre
- Enjoy children's games of skill behind seaforth school
It's a Market Monday!
|Iron Dog Books||Iron Dog Books is a mobile bookstore, based primarily at SFU Burnaby in Tsleil-Waututh, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh and Musqueam territories (metro Vancouver). Iron Dog Books sells new and used fiction, non-fiction, children's and young adult books.|
|Mabee Baby||Mabee Baby is unisex loungewear for little ones with a pinch of nostalgia and a dash of the modern. Handmade by Dawn Mabee in Vancouver.|
|TeaCup and Macarons||Hand poured candles and soaps, made with goats milk and essential oils, are crafted in Vancouver, BC. A lover of antique shopping, all vintage teacups are found locally and handpicked for quality and style.|
|Slavic Rolls||A Food Truck offering pastry dessert ribbons wound around a wooden cylinder, rolled in sugar and cinnamon. The pastry is baked on a slowly turned rotisserie. As it bakes, it caramelizes the sugar, giving off an irresistible aroma and creating an addictive taste.|
Last Carousel Ride 4:15pm
* Subject to change without notice.
NOTE: Pets are not allowed on site.
Our next public opening, after Labour Day, is World Rivers Day, Sunday, September 23, 2018, 11am-4:30pm. See you there!