World Rivers Day
Date: September 23, 2018 (11:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
Marking the 14th World Rivers Day
& the 38th annual Rivers Day in BC
Join us for a free family-friendly celebration of our rivers and waterways. Activities include demonstrations, displays, tours, activities, crafts and music. Plus the Village, Carousel (rides $2.65 each) and Ice Cream Parlour will be open.
A warm welcome children's artist Ginalina as our headline musical performer to our celebrations.
- AquaZone: Ocean Wise Mobile Program 11-3:30pm
- Volunteer Burnaby – face painting, 11-4pm
- Stayed tuned - the list will get much much longer!
- Kelly Haines: Ventiloquist,
- Ginalina - 11:30am, 1:05pm
- Stories on Wheels
- Nylon Zoo - dress-up interactive story telling
Special for Day
- Children’s craft – fish windsock
- Event themed documentaries playing in the theatre
- Salmon special in the Ice Cream Parlour
- Interpretation of Deer Lake Brook
Kids, Creeks and Nature
- the wonder and the wonderful
Special thanks to these amazing sponsors: