Come be a part of history by volunteering at Burnaby Village Museum.
Our volunteers take on a variety of exciting roles at the village - from costumed interpreters, to assisting with school programs and working with the historical artifacts in our collection.
Join our team
Applicants to the museum's volunteer program must:
- Be at least 14 years of age (parental consent required for applicants under 18 years old)
- have valid medical coverage/insurance
- be fluent in English
- be eligible to volunteer in Canada
- provide at least two references
- commit to a minimum of one year, and at least 35 hours of volunteer service per year
- complete a 3 hour Costumed Interpretation Core Training session
- be physically able to navigate our 10-acre site safely on their own.
Once you have double checked that you meet the criteria, apply to any of our available opportunities here.
Costumed interpretation, school programs, and special events:
- February for spring/summer intake
- September for fall/winter intake
Collections, conservation & sewing:
- February for spring camps
- April for summer camps