Burnaby Village Museum is committed to following COVID-19 orders and recommendations set by local and provincial public health and safety authorities.
Before coming to the Burnaby Village Museum:
- Advance online reservations are required as admission is now on a timed-entry basis.
- Bring a pre-filled water bottle. Public water fountains remain closed.
- Carousel gift shop and Ice Cream Parlour preferred payment is debit or credit card.
- Enter the Museum through the main gate located at Canada Way and Deer Lake Avenue. The Carousel entrance is closed.
- Do not visit if you or any member of your party is feeling sick or are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
During your visit:
- Visitors are encouraged to arrive on time. As a courtesy to other visitors, we recommend limiting your stay to one hour.
- We encourage you to present your ticket on a mobile device, but you can print it out too.
- Face masks are recommended at all times for visitors. Where physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) cannot be maintained, visitors are required to wear a mask. Masks are required in ALL buildings.
- Prior to entering the museum, all visitors must answer COVID-19 screening questions to ensure that they are NOT exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors will be required to use the hand sanitizer station before entering and we encourage visitors to frequently use additional sanitizer stations, located throughout the site.
- Please follow directional signage posted. Routes have been established throughout the site to control traffic flow and to maintain physical distancing.
- All groups must stay together and keep a 2-metre/ 6 feet distance from other visitors.
- Practice good hygiene: wash or sanitize your hands often, and cover your cough or sneeze.
- Respect and follow directions of staff at all times.
- Anyone not following safety guidelines or directions from staff will be asked to leave.
Additional safety precautions:
- Visitor capacity has been reduced to allow for physical distancing.
- There is limited access to inside of exhibit buildings and controlled traffic flow through select exhibits.
- We’ve established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols with more frequent cleaning of high touch areas.
- Washroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized frequently at regular intervals throughout the day.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we will make operational changes as necessary.