Neighbourhood Speaker Series
April 12, 2021
Explore a range of topics shared by Indigenous speakers and knowledge keepers during this free speaker series. Community members are invited to bring and ask questions of the speakers during these interactive online sessions.
These presentations require access to internet and either Zoom or Facebook applications.
To participate, join us on the Burnaby Village Museum Facebook page at 7pm on the event date. You can also register in advance through the Burnaby Public Library at bpl.bc.ca/events or call 604-436-5400.
Presented in partnership by Burnaby Village Museum and Burnaby Public Library.
- Tuesday, April 27: Bringing Visibility to the Land: A Tsleil-Waututh Perspective on Community Building
- Thursday, April 29: Traditional, Ancestral & Unceded: A Conversation on Territorial Acknowledgements
- Tuesday, May 4: The Legend of Deer Lake and Indigenous Histories of Burnaby
- Thursday, May 6: Creating Visibility in Wood Working
- Tuesday, May 11: Weaving and Learning through Art
- Wednesday, May 12: Are We Really Changing? Reflections on Reconciliation