The past comes to life at Burnaby Village Museum.
Step back in time and take a stroll down the streets of our 1920s community. Costumed townsfolk welcome visitors and give demonstrations in the homes, businesses and shops. Learn about Chinese Canadian history at the Across the Pacific exhibit, Market Garden and Herbalist medicine shop. Explore Indigenous ways of knowing and learning with our Indigenous educators at the Learning House. Wander through the gardens, take a ride on the vintage 1912 C.W. Parker carousel and treat yourself at the Ice Cream Parlour.
Planning your visit
Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to explore.
Patrons are free to wander the streets and explore the 38 exhibits at their own pace, while costumed townsfolk welcome visitors and give demonstrations in the homes, shops and businesses.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more!
Museum guidelines and reminders
- Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not permitted on site.
- The museum is a non-smoking, non-vaping site.
- Bicycles, scooters, tricycles, skateboards, roller/in-line skates or shoes with wheels are not permitted on the Museum site.
- Food is not permitted inside the exhibits and display areas.
- Parents and/or guardians must accompany their children at all times.