May 1-September 6
Open Tuesday-Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Stroll through the 1920’s village and visit your favourite historical exhibits. Exhibits are open with Burnaby Village Museum staff to interact with and learn from:
- Stop by the Burnaby Lake General Store to learn about popular store purchases in the 1920’s
- Check out the newly renovated Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee & Co. Herbalist shop in the Village to discover the role Chinese medicine has played in shaping communities like Burnaby
- Visit the Jesse Love Farmhouse to experience a historic family home
- Explore the history of Chinese-Canadians in Burnaby at our feature exhibit, Across the Pacific, in The Stride Studios
- Explore the new Agents of Change outdoor exhibit at the Carousel Plaza and discover the inspiring stories of people who have taken a stand to promote or support social justice
- Learn about schooling in early Burnaby at Seaforth School
- Find out what a blacksmith does at Wagner’s Blacksmith Shop
- Explore the evolution of steam power and its impact on today's machinery at the Steam Shed on Tuesdays
- View the Interurban Tram Car #1223 in the Tram Barn
- Visit the Learning House where Indigenous Educators share their knowledge of Coast Salish history and culture (Not open daily. Dates and times vary)
- Download the summer scavenger hunt [PDF - 2 MB] to enjoy self-guided fun and educational adventure through the village
- Treat yourself at the Ice Cream Parlour (limited to-go menu items, contactless payment only)
- Shop for unique, historical finds and sweet treats at the Carousel gift shop (1 household allowed in the gift shop at one time, contactless payment only)
Please note exhibits and details are subject to change.
Repaving Notice: Beginning July 19, sections of the museum will undergo repaving which may limit access to some exhibits. We anticipate the work to be completed by end of July. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Carousel is closed.
Thank you to our partners: