Spread across 10-acres in Deer Lake Park, Burnaby Village Museum is where history comes to life.
The Burnaby Village Museum invites visitors to join a community of learners, sharing history through collaboration, participation and discovery.
The Burnaby Village Museum is the primary historical resource for the City of Burnaby. It encourages understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of and participation in Burnaby’s unique history. The Museum fosters a shared sense of community and identity for the citizens of Burnaby and visitors.
- Stories are at the heart of what we do
- Tangible heritage provides a strong foundation
- Memorable experiences are created in collaboration
- Learning should be fun, meaningful and social
- Personal encounters with history are important
These values are explored across the 10-acre site through three Burnaby themes: Community, Transportation, and Environment and two Universal themes: Technology and People.